La Società Italiana per Successo Scolastico, Inc.
The Italian Club for Academic Success, Inc.
1785 Lum Crowe Road Ext. Roswell, GA 30075
SCHOLASTIC AWARD REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
PURPOSE OF THE $1000 AWARD
(1) To provide educational scholarships to students of Italian heritage with interest in Italian culture, including the arts and sciences.
(2) To promote engagement and learning about one or more aspect of Italian culture including language, arts and science.
Applicants must demonstrate
- Italian heritage (i.e. parents or grandparents must be of documented Italian descent)
- Full-time enrollment in an accredited two or four year college. A High School Senior must demonstrate acceptance for enrollment by an accredited two or four year college.
- Re-application for next year. Award does not auto-renew.
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Distinguished level of scholastic achievement with minimum GPA 3.0
- Special interest in one or more aspect of Italian culture: language, arts or science
- Proof of Georgia residence
- Two letters of personal references
- Personal interview if a finalist
March 1, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with completed application, supporting documentation and essay.
Recipient will receive notification of award no later than May 1, 2019. Formal recognition will occur June 2, 2019 at the annual picnic of La Società Italiana, Inc.
AWARD PRESENTATION: Monetary award will be presented directly to the student’s academic institution for the 2019 Fall Semester.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE